According to a report from IT House on April 18th, AYANEO is set to release a newer version of their handheld device soon. The new device is expected to be an improved version of their popular AYANEO 2. The release date is currently unknown, but it is rumored to feature the latest processor from AMD, the R7 7840U. This is good news for those looking for a more powerful and efficient handheld device. Stay tuned for more updates on the release of AYANEO’s new generation of handhelds.
The handheld device from AYANEO is called the AYANEO 2S.
Table of Contents
AYANEO 2S Specs
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7840U, 8 cores, 16 threads, Base Clock: 3.3GHz and Max Boost Clock: 5.1GHz. Default TDP 28W, up to 38W
- GPU: Radeon 780M (RDNA3)
- Display: 7″ IPS, no-bezel screen, 1920×1200 resolution, 323 PPI, 500 nits, 130% sRGB, 1200:1 Contrast ratio, 6600K colour temperature
- RAM: 16GB/32GB, 4GB LPDDR5X 7500 MT/s
- Storage: 512GB / 2TB/ 4TB m.2 2280 SSD
- Input: Master controller, hall effect sensor sticks, with linear hall triggers, Fuselage + Grip. Dual six-axis gyroscope
- Battery: 13050mAh 50.25Wh rechargeable battery
- Ports: 1 x USB 3.2, 2 x USB 4 Type-C port, 1 x micro SD card reader, and 1 x 3.5mm headphone port.
- Wireless: WiFi 6E & Bluetooth 5.2
- OS: Windows 11 Home Edition
- Dimensions: 10.3 x 4.1 x 0.8 inches (26.4 x 10.5 x 2.1 cm)
- Weight: 667g
It features a 7-inch borderless full screen and a sleek body design, along with the Master universal handle, Hall rocker, and Hall trigger.
The device will likely use the R7 7840U processor from AMD, which has not yet been officially released. This processor is expected to have 8 cores and 16 threads, as well as the latest Radeon 780M core display with the 12CU RDNA3 architecture. This should result in improved performance compared to the previous generation 680M.
To keep their handheldscool, AYANEO has developed a “first handheld three-copper tube heat dissipation module”. So the upcoming AYANEO 2S console will have a new heatsink solution with three heat pipes. This will not only improve its performance but also keep it cooler.
Additionally, the battery life of the console is expected to increase and the sound quality and user interface of the operating system will be improved.